town-center

photolog | doing the town PEEL

chinguacousy, historical, commercial building, town center

The commercial center of Cheltenham village was much reduced by an 1887 fire, but its size in 1859 was nearly as large as the nearby County seat. The depiction is a Brampton-Queen Street commercial block in 1858 (inset from the Tremaine map). Note the winter method of transportation. Photo credit: Lisa Rance, September 2013

PEEL County | Chinguacousy North Township